How to use cocoppa & change iPhone icons (because it's so cute!)

I can't quite remember how I came across it, but last night I downloaded the CocoPPa app and spent an enjoyable Sunday night making my phone look pointlessly cute! I thought this might interest a few of you so decided to break it down in a 'How To' of the app.


Ok first things first - these steps show you how to change downloaded app icons such as facebook, Twitter etc. Your new, super cute icon for say, Facebook is a SHORTCUT. You will still need to keep the original app but you can put all of these icons in a folder out the way. If you want to go back to using your original icon, just delete the cute shortcut icon. 

Step 1: Download cocoppa for free from the app store. When you run the app it will ask you to make a quick profile. Once you've done this, you're ready to go!

Step 2: When you first open the app, it will look like this. 


Step 3: Browse around the site for icons you like. As this app was more for the Asian market, the search doesn't always show up the best things due to a lot of the icon descriptions being in Japanese etc.  But the categories/colour sections are great and browsing is fun anyway! When you see an icon you fancy, click like! and it will save it in a list for you that can be found on the Mypage section.

If you're ready to set the icon then click on the 'set up link' button.


Step 4: You'll be given a set of choices for your icon shortcut. As i'm showing you how to set an app icon, select the app search. 

Step 5: A lot of the popular apps are show in a list but if not, just search it and it should come up. 


Step 6: Decide if you want to add gloss to your icon and set the icon name. 

Step 7: Press OK and then then YES to add icon to your Homescreen.


Step 8: The app will open up this page in Safari, press the arrow button.

Step 9: Once your image displays, click it to add to Homescreen. 


Step 10: Change the name of the app if you need to. 

Step 11: Admire your new icon app and repeat the process!


To change standard Apple app icons is a little bit harder (these are any icons you can't actually delete like mail, photos and music.

Step 1: Repeat steps 1-4. When you chose your shortcut link type, select URL.


Step 2: Rather than adding in a URL you can use the following:

To open music = Music:
To open photos = Photos-redirect://
To open calculator: showcal://
To open messages: SMS:
Top open maps: Maps:
To open mail: Mailto:


It's also worth noting that there isn't always an option for the app you use in the search, for instance, I couldn't change my camera icon so I downloaded Line Camera (which is free AND amazing!) so sometimes it's worth downloading one of the suggested apps instead. Hopefully everything else is pretty straight forward but if you do have any questions, let me know and maybe we can figure it out! 

My wallpaper is by rabaniiito

34 comments:

  1. That is soooo AWESOME!!! Btw, do you have instagram?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hours of fun! And yes I do! lisaefbrown :-D xx

      Delete
  2. the original icon can't be removed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea. Thats extremely important.

      Btw, does anyone know how to change standard apps like Photos, Weather, Clock, Camera, and Calculator?
      I tried that showcal:// on the URL, but it's not working. I also tried App Search, but the standard apps don't show, only fancy ones which I don't have and don't want to install another one.

      Delete
    2. For the calculator it's calshow://
      and photos it's photos-redirect://
      I am not sure about weather but I don't believe there are shortcuts for the camera or the clock out yet.

      Delete
    3. Actually, calshow:// it's for open the calendar

      Delete
  3. Hi..trying to open the link for the wallpaper but it is not working. Is there another link for the wallpaper? super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try searching for the user rabaniiito on the app - they must have taken down the link to this wallpaper :-( x

      Delete
  4. Where'd you get your icon designs? I can't find them and I really want them on my apps! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you change the calendar icon? :o i would like to change my camera icon too though :s can you teach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calendar is calshow://
      Don't know if camera is possible

      Delete
  6. Do you know how to add transparent icons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there.
      I'm a vigorous Coco user (until Itstopped connecting me to the server for no reasons at all)
      If your Q is on "how to create transparent icons ',u got the A. C:
      I'm an android user so I have playstore. I installed an app called background eraser. What it does? Oh,it just erases practically whatever u want from a picture. Its epic. I'm not gonna explain furthermore. Try it for yourself.
      Soooo whats the deal of erasing the background?,well... it LEAVES THE ERASED PORTION TRANSPARENT. TADAAAAAA
      .(*^﹏^*) follow me on cocoppa
      Manoeuva•

      Delete
  7. It’s not possible in this instance to change the Message app icon because Message is one of the default apps for iPhone. Cocoppa cannot set up a link to default apps in iPhone. But you can however, set an icon to message a particular person, say your best friend. So once you click that icon, you will be directed to your text message app with your friend’s number inputted already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can change the message icon. Just click on the message design you want, then go to the set-up link and type in SMS:// or if that doesn't work try sms://

      Delete
  8. This is amazing, i was wondering how to get the transparent icons. and all the URLS for the apple apps, calculater, calender, photo, phone etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. This application has gone well? Has not done anything bad for your Iphone or Ipod?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The app has gone well. Is not a bad thing for your Iphone/Ipod, I'm sure.

      Delete
  10. if i have dowload a cydia can i download the cocoppa too?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there a way to change the notes icon?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What about safari???ir eally want to change that one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what's the name of the wallpaper with the bunnies or whatever? please answer me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

    SEO Dayton Ohio & seo Columbus Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you able to remove the app covers

    ReplyDelete
  16. its just a bookmark/shortcut icon

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this post is from ages ago but I created a shortcut for Facebook and every time I click on it it says "open page in Facebook" and I have to press "open".. Is there any way I can make it automatically do that instead of heaving to seclect "open" every time?��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. happend to me too. is there any way to solve it

      Delete
  18. When I open the accessorised app, a safari screen shows up that asks me if I'd like to open the page in my original app. Is this normal or did I download it wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup me too. do we hv to jail break it so it not appear

      Delete
    2. Its Normal. It happens with everyone, don't worry.

      Delete
  19. I agree with you. Thank you for sharing the update. It is interesting to have it discussed widely so that we can gain more objective opinions.

    best web designing company in india & social media optimization services india

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi guys! Was able to successfully change the icons for camera, contacts, phone, facebook, etc. But not my "messages" icon, no matter what cute icon I choose. Does anyone of you know what could be the problem? Would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was able to change my messages icon! After selecting the icon I wanted, there is a page to "edit shortcut" where they ask us to choose the app to be linked. I just clicked the messages app under the "application" tab! I can't change my phone app though, how did u change yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you can try using the url "sms://" under the "shortcuts" tab in the "edit shortcut" page!

      Delete