How much is your face worth?

I saw this post on one of my absolute favorite blogs The Pampered Sparrow (she TWEETS too! and was intrigued by how much my face is costing me too! I don't have a day to evening look, mine is a standard smoky eye and full face of slap all day round and i've listed every item I use daily to create it. I have to admit, after seeing the final cost, i'm feeling slightly guilty about the box under my bed with a load of makeup I don't even use!

So here we go.... 

 1. Bobbi Brown Pressed Powder £24.00
2. Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation £30.00
3. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (Opal) £33.00
4. Mac Studio Fix Concealer (NC25) £14.50

 1. Urban Decay Naked Palette £36.00
2. Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow (Brown) £14.50
3. MAC Paint Pot (Painterly) £14.50
4. Maybelline Master Smokey Pencil £4.99
5. Dior Black Out Mascara £23.50

 1. Channel Soleil De Tan £30.00
2. Benefit Coralista £23.50
3. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish (Rose Gold) £21.50

1. Mac Lipstick (Angel) £14.00
2. Nars Lipgloss (Turkish Delight) £17.50
3. MAC Lipliner (Stripdown) £11.50

GRAND TOTAL = £312.99

In the words of Dolly Parton "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!" 
Part of me is thinking, oh, I need to cut that figure down, bad Lisa, blah blah, but i've really found what works for me. I won't be repurchasing the Bobbi Brown foundation as I actually tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and it's WAY better! See! There's a saving already! *Pats herself on the back*

I might start doing some monthly empties posts if anyone would like to see that? I have bottles of lotions and potions that I really need to use up before buying more. I mean, how many body creams can one person own? I wouldn't mind, but I moisturize once in a blue moon! I shouldn't have sand for skin! 

If you do this post, please link me up in the comments as i'd love to see what products you use!

L xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Sweet Jesus!!! *faints* It's amazing when you add it all up isn't it.

    Can you imagine if we added up ALL the make up/skincare/nail stuff/brushes etc we own >.< (possible new tag right there? Don't think I could be arsed though,haha!)

    Love the Dolly Parton quote. What a legend :D xx
    P.S thanks for the link angel face :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I have boxes of products under the bed getting dusty which i'm gonna have to try and use or throw out! Sod adding all that up! lol!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes post em! I think I'm gonna go check how 'cheap' I am...never paid attention before, especially when you're looking for something that'll make you not look like the walking dead. Glad to see you posting again! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowzers! But you're right, when it works, why change it!
    My version of this is here: http://www.bdbrighton.blogspot.co.uk/2011/10/in-which-i-show-you-my-everyday-face.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had your make up collection!

    ReplyDelete