Keep The Kids Quiet: How To Make Playdough!

When I was little I loved Playdough! I even remember when you could get a tub of it as the toy in your McDonald's happy meal. Ahhh... the good ol' days! Lordy.

[Cutting some serious shapes with my dad in the 80s!]

I came across a playdough recipe on Pinterest and, seeing as the kids are off school in the UK, I thought it was a good excuse to test this bad boy out! I can honestly say, this is not only cheap & easy, but it makes THE BEST playdough! I've been squishing it around for about half an hour now! Someone fetch me some cookie cutters!

Make this with your kids and I guarantee you'll be the coolest parent around plus, it'll keep them quite for a good couple of hours!



1) Put all the ingredients into a saucepan and stir together. 


2) Cook on a medium heat until everything starts sticking together and a dough is formed.


3) Tip the mixture onto a piece of greaseproof paper and allow to cool for around 5-10 minutes.


4) Give it a quick little knead and you're left with a smooth, squishy ball of playdough! Now begrudgingly hand it over to the kids! Store in an airtight container and make in a rainbow of different colours! 


7 comments:

  1. Haha my mom used to make this when I as a kid. So cool!

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings back memories! My Mum used to take me and my little sister to the library to get the book with this recipe in, then she'd make it and we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many amazing memories concerning playdough. I have never seen LILAC playdough tho!
    I cant remember cooking it though?! Next time I am the vicinity of children I will attempt to make this, and attempt them to not eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm worried how much of my time i've managed to occupy squishing this stuff lol! I almost don't want to part with it!

    Every kid needs some lilac playdough in their life! And at least if some did happen to find its way into their mouth, there is only natural kitchen ingredients in there! It's so salty i'm sure it would get spat out pretty quick! Yuck! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I can't wait until Wyatt is bigger so we can make this together! I love the color you chose by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun genreation after generation. It was nice to see your old picture with your dad. what amemory. Malika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha I never knew you could make play dough at home!! That's so neat

    ReplyDelete