I'd love to hear what you think if you try this yourself or do you have a favorite recipe that you think I should make?
- 8 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 5 medium red chillis roughly chopped
- Finger sized piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 750g caster sugar
- 250ml red wine vinegar
2) Tip into a saucepan and add in the tomatoes, sugar & vinegar.
3) Bring everything to the boil
4) Skim off any frothy scum that comes to the surface with a spoon (This is very important!) and then turn the heat down and simmer for around 50 minutes stirring occasionally.
5) Once the jam starts to become sticky, cook for a further 10-15 minutes stirring frequently so it doesn't burn. The jam should now look like a thick bubbling lava.
6) Turn off heat, cool slightly and transfer to jars. Leave to cool completely.
This recipe makes 4 8oz jars & keeps for 3 months in a cool, dark cupboard. Refrigerate once opened.